Tuesday, February 13, 2018

This Week I'm...

It's been pretty quiet around here since we're in "get ready for the move" mode, but I figured I'd post SOMETHING and it's been a while since I did one of these kinds of posts.  I always like reading them on other people's blogs, so I hope this serves as a little entertainment for you guys.

reading The Rooster Bar and honestly I just can't get into it.  It was one that was recommended to me by multiple people and multiple blogs/lists, but I find it slow.  Hopefully that will change.

listening to Luke Bryan's song "Most People are Good."  Guys, this song is everything I believe. 

I believe most people are good
And most Mama's oughta qualify for sainthood
I believe most Friday nights look better under neon or stadium lights
I believe you love who you love
Ain't nothing you should ever be ashamed of
I believe this world ain't half as bad as it looks
I believe most people are good


YESSSS! This.  Every single word. 

planning anything and everything related to our big cross country move. Mainly how we are all not going to go crazy in the car if Finn decides to scream the whole way. We will take any and all suggestions! Also, any good podcasts or audiobooks we should listen to?

teaching I have my last substitute job scheduled for next Thursday at my favorite school.  This is the part of moving I'm most sad about I think.  I have LOVED substituting and it's been so refreshing to use my brain and have something to call my own. 

eating all of the food in our refrigerator. As part of the move preparation, we are trying to clean out our pantry.  That has both its benefits and drawbacks.  For example, I'm going to make banana bread with the frozen bananas, but it also means that we might be eating ribs for the rest of our time in Groton. 

doing I'm really trying to work out regularly, which means twice during the week and once on the weekend.  I really enjoy the 21 Day Fix from Beach Body and it's the perfect amount of time for a naptime workout. 


Finn and I are heading home to Virginia this weekend while Mike goes to Washington to scope out our new crib!! We can't wait to see it in person (or on video chat for me) and for Mike to explore our new neighborhood.  I think we are both getting excited for our move out there.  It's funny.  Neither of us were too excited about Bangor when we got the initial orders, but it's really grown on us and I think we're both going to enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment