Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Two Years.

Two years ago, we were doing this.

Our first year of marriage flew by.  We had a big move to Turkey from DC about halfway through and I felt like year one was over in the blink of an eye.  Year two was looking to be a little less crazy, but then an evacuation, a coup, and a (planned!) pregnancy made things just as exciting. Last year, I did 22 things I learned about Mike in our first year of marriage.  While I'm sure I could come up with 22 more, I figured I'd stick to two of my favorite things year two has shown me about Mike.

1. He is my kind of traveler.  He likes to venture out of the city occasionally, but definitely isn't a wilderness guy.  He never hesitates to tell people he doesn't camp, but will always be ready for a hike or a national park.  He doesn't expect to stay in the nicest hotels all of the time, but occasionally splurges for a night in a good bed.  Besides a few spots, we seem to make good travel buddies, which is good because we travel A LOT.

1. Behind that beer drinking, sometimes politically incorrect, tough Naval officer is a very caring guy. Not that I didn't already know this, but year two showed me a deeper and different side of him. Watching him throughout the first half of the pregnancy has brought me to tears because he is already so in love with Baby Maximus.  He will rub and kiss my stomach and tell Baby Maximus that he loves him. He talks about all the things he wants to do with the baby and has been so supportive throughout the whole thing, even when he doesn't know what to do.  It just confirms that he will be a great dad.


Year two was quite the unplanned adventure, but I still look over to the other end of the couch and have to remind myself that this is real life and not a dream.  I actually did get to marry that guy who makes me smile. Year three will bring another (hopefully our last for a while) move back to the United States, a new addition to our family, a reintroduction to the Navy and probably lots of other adventures!

Cheers to a successful and adventurous year two with hopes for a similar year three!

xoxoxo I love you Mike!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment