Thursday, April 7, 2016

Evacuation Playlist

It's funny, the playlist started out as a joke. Mike started singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and "Evacuate the Dance Floor" as a joke when we found out this was happening.  I included it and asked for suggestions at the end of an email I sent to my family and friends explaining the news because I thought it would help lighten the mood. The response was insane! I would get emails that were like "Glad you're safe.  Here are TEN songs I've spent the last hour brainstorming." HA!  I see where the priorities are.  Just kidding! Mike and I had so much fun hearing everyone's suggestions.  Even though I never actually made a playlist to listen to, I figured I would compile the complete list so everyone could enjoy!  If you have any more to add, leave suggestions in the comments box or send them my way!

  1. Evacuate the Dance Floor
  2. Leaving on a Jet Plane
  3. Bye Bye Bye
  4.  When I'm Gone (the cup song)
  5. I'll be Missing You -Puff Daddy
  6. See You Again- Wiz Khalifa
  7.  So Long, Farewell- Sound of Music
  8. Never Can Say Goodbye- Gloria Gaynor
  9. Hello Goodbye- The Beatles
  10. Closing Time- Semi Sonic
  11. Ticket to Ride- The Beatles
  12. Let It Be- The Beatles
  13. All You Need is Love- The Beatles
  14. I Will Remember You
  15. 1000 Miles Away
  16. Homeward Bound
  17. On the Road Again
  18. Born to Run
  19. Should I Stay or Should I Go – The Clash
  20. The Letter – the Box Tops 
  21. Never Can Say Goodbye- Jackson Five
  22. School's Out Forever- Alice Cooper (hopefully not for Mike's sake!)
  23. If it's Tuesday, This Must be Belgium
  24. Nah Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Hey Goodbye 
  25. Ch Ch Changes by David Bowie
  26. Bye Bye Birdie 
  27. Rambling Man- The Allman Brothers
  28. Switzerland- The Last Bison (not Germany, but close by)
  29. My Wish- Rascal Flatts
  30. We Gotta Get Out of this Place- The Animals
The 50 and older crowd was definitely the main contributor to this list, but I love it and Mike and I definitely got a good kick out of some of the oldies but goodies!! Thanks for all the contributions! Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment