Sunday, January 13, 2013

dog sitting adventures

World, meet Sampson.  I've been dog sitting this little pipsqueek of a dog all week.  Well "dog."  I'm not sure that you can count something that small a dog, but that's beside the point.  I've been staying at his owner's house all week and she doesn't have cable or internet, which has been interesting.  Anyways, Sampson has been a lot of fun.  He's very sassy and likes attention, but he's so cute.  That thing in his mouth is the toy  that we spend all night playing with.  After we're done playing fetch, he gets on the bed and just rolls all around. It's the funniest thing. He's so cute.  I would never want a dog that the same size as a cat, but he's been a lot of fun to spend the week with.  

In school, the week went relatively smoothly.  It's still as struggle every day with my teacher, but I guess I'm learning just to do my own thing and just accept that he's not that great of a teacher.  It's frustrating, but he's not going anywhere, so it is what it is. The students have really taken to City Year, though, and they want to know all about us.  For example, here's a conversation that took place on Monday. 


Anthony: Ms. Russo, you got a boyfriend?
Me: Why? Do you have a girl friend?
A: No I don't like any girls at this school. Is his name Jonathon? His name is definitely Jonathon.
Me: No, not Jonathon.
A: So you DO have a boyfriend! Is his name Matthew? 
Me: No, but you're close
(another student, Josh, comes in)
Jason: Is he asian? (hahhahaha I laughed at that one)
Me: No he's not asian
A: He's white isn't he? 
Me: Yeah he's white
Jason: Does he have crazy hair? (Josh had a mowhawk at one point this year)
Me: No he has a buzz cut. He's in the navy.
Jason: Okay Okay (and nods his head in approval)

Speaking of Mike, his sub got in a little "fender bender" on Thursday.   http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/01/navy-sub-goes-bump-in-the-night-and-loses-its-periscope/   

Luckily, no one was hurt and the sub wasn't really damaged. When I first heard, I figured this kind of stuff happens and it wasn't even something to worry about it. I didn't even think it was that big of a deal until other people started texting me and asking me all about it.  Luckily, it sounds like it was just a little "bump in the night" as the article refers to it. I haven't really gotten to talk to Mike even though he's in port. I hope I can talk to him soon!  

Have a great week!  

"If ever there comes a day when we can't be together, hold me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."-Winnie the Pooh




No comments:

Post a Comment