Friday, July 27, 2012

things are looking up!

The hotel next door has a business center with two free computers, so I've been able to come over here and do work.  I can also update my blog here, which is awesome!

The past week has been a lot better. I miss the stability and sense of belonging that I had in Boston, but I know that it will come with time. Things here have been a lot better. I hung out with Anna and Mike on  Monday, went to trivia with City Year people on Wednesday and am watching the Olympics and going to the beach with Anna and Mike this weekend.  It's so helpful to have Anna here, but I also feel like we're starting to hang out as a City Year group, which is awesome.

The most exciting development is that we found a house that we love and put in an application yesterday for it! It's got four bedrooms and two bathrooms, hardwood floors, a huge backyard, and laundry in the house. It's in the historic district, so it's a cute old house.  And, it's blue, just like my house in Boston. I must be attracted to blue houses!  Let's just hope that our application goes through. The sooner I can get out of the exteded stay, the better!

We're still working out of a hotel and I still don't feel like I myself have a lot to do, so that lends for a lot of just hanging around.  I know that once we get in schools, it'll get busy and I'll long for these days of relaxation, but it would be nice to have some more stuff to do. Right now, it's mainly just meetings with some preparation for when the corps comes on Monday!

Anyways, things are looking up. I hope things keep getting better and better!

"Plant seeds for the tree whose shade you'll never enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment